AussieBluebirds.com
August 27, 2014, 10:04:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: AussieBluebirds.com Stickers!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CA18... what ecu? stock & nistune vs aftermarket?  (Read 1161 times)
shgnwgn

« on: May 05, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »

Hey guys

My bluey will soon have a pretty stout CA18DET in it. I purchased the engine without loom or ecu, now just wondering about the best/most cost-effective way to get it up and running.

If anyone has a stock CA18DET loom & ECU they'd part with for cheaps then please let me know.

Otherwise, any recommendations on a cost-effective aftermarket ECU would be great. I have had positive experiences with Microtech, poor experiences with Wolf/EMS, and have heard good things about Adaptronic.

Discuss...
Slick
Administrator
910 HERO

iSLICK 2.0

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:37:01 AM »

only heard good things about nistune

cheap even with dyno time
fully tuneable
integrated with existing ecu so noone can tell unless opening the thing up (defect avoidance)

booking the stagea in for a chip once i get a front/dump pipe and intercooler sorted - and i can pry it from the mrs hands to be able to to the above (service was out by 2000kms because she kept pissing off to work or the shops in it)

My Bluebird comes with an anti-hooning device >>> my girlfriend

TRX... Its ADM as f**k!

This thing is going to be off chops , i was getting 270 hpo at the wheels and if i cant find another 100 with the new motor ill do a nuddy run
shgnwgn

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:58 AM »

so anyone know of a stock or nistune ca18det ecu & loom? if anyone's going aftermarket this is the ideal opportunity to make a hundred bucks or so off the old crap they were going to throw away :>)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: