AussieBluebirds.com
October 19, 2017, 02:36:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Available now - WICKED AussieBluebirds Tees : Mens, Womens. Men's and Women's Singlets (Available until mid March only): Mens, Womens.
Ensure that your kids, Nephews or nieces are sharing your love for anything on wheels with these cool AussieBluebirds Kids Tees

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Uk Datsun 910 ca18det s13 conversion  (Read 2066 times)
Ross313

« on: September 30, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

Hi guys names Ross from England had to join here hope this is ok as there is no info on 910s in the UK I have 1 of 2 that's on the road and doing a ca conversion just brought a s13 for parts my main question is does the s13 crossmember fit in to the 910 my 910 has a l16 in it atm

Imago
Administrator
910 HERO

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:54:15 AM »

Ofcourse there's no issue! Welcome to the forum pal!

Awesome! There's so few in Europe now!

The S13 crossmember requires one of the holes to be slotted a bit and another to be re-drilled and crush tube inserted. Have a look at the members garage at "RB25 Track Hack" and Flubbers S15 SR20 build as I know both my car and his car have had S13 and R32 crossmembers installed. Also be aware it will increase your front track by about 35mm a side, or 70mm total. And you will have to use the S13 rack, which can also be modified to suit with a bit of machining work - have a look at that first thread I mentioned as I had to do the same to run a HICAS S13 rack in that. Also "Blueh #2" I modified the standard crossmember to suit the S13 rack and went a different way in regards to making the intermediate shaft fit.

Best of luck with the project. Feel free to chuck up a thread in the Members Garage section with some pictures! I always like seeing the Euro spec Blueys!

Cheers, Benny.

Bluebird, its just a poor mans Commodore...
Ross313

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:00:52 AM »

Great thanks for the info just been out today and handed over the cash for the s13.

That's good about it fitting doesn't bother me about the 35mm a bit more wont hurt as I've got 10 inch wide banded steels for it

As for the rear suspension setup does the s13 fit the 910 ? I have irs on mine already

Imago
Administrator
910 HERO

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 01:25:35 AM »

S13 requires a lot of modding, it's been done a few times but it's barely compatible. The S13 subframe bolts in 4 spots and the 910 has 2 subframe mounts. In my opinion unless you're chasing wild track times there's no necessity to make anything more complex than the stock setup. S13 coilovers will bolt straight onto the IRS setup, you can re-drill the tower at the top or make an adaptor plate (which would be more ideal as it will add some length to the strut as the S13 strut length is considerably shorter).

Ross313

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »

Again thanks think I'll stick with 910 rear was only thinking about it for the discs brakes more than anything are the hubs interchangeable ? I will get some pictures up soon
Imago
Administrator
910 HERO

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 03:10:15 PM »

I haven't converted from drum to disc myself with IRS as I was fortunate enough to have 2 setups both with discs. I'm not sure if the drum swingarms have mounting ears for calipers?

If they don't it would be a matter of buying some swingarms off an R30, or better yet DR30 with 290mm rotors which will bolt onto your subframe and be disc brake.

Ross313

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 02:06:40 PM »

So I've been getting on with the car subframe is in and building the car up another question about propshaft and gearbox combo got the 5 speed Manuel ca gearbox and it's a lot long it is a ful custom prop or can the s13 one or parts of it used ?
Ross313

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 05:14:08 AM »

hi guys sorry  not posted in a while been busy with many cars datsun has progressed well and engine and gearbox are now in there final resting place.
i have come across one issue that some one with better knowledge than me may know the answer too Huh?? speedo drives the ca18det is electric and my l16 was Manuel and the l16 one does not fit the ca box remember i am in the uk so  a lot of the parts for stuff like this is impossible to find so all help is greatly appreciated.

i am now going to attempted to upload some pictures ! wish me luck

Ross313

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 05:32:20 AM »

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Imago
Administrator
910 HERO

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 04:09:21 AM »

Try a speedo sender from a CA20 manual box if possible? I would have thought the L16 sender would have worked but I have been wrong before. The auto senders are larger from memory, so you'll definitely need to find a manual sender.

Coming together alright though!

Ross313

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »

I think ca20  is the way too go but don't think I have a chance of getting one in th uk
Imago
Administrator
910 HERO

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 01:15:35 AM »

Throw up a wanted ad on here and I'll keep an eye out for you where I can.

Talking Hoarse

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 04:46:12 AM »

Hello Ross
Intrigued to hear of your work.  Old Datsuns are very rare indeed in UK.  There is also a UK based forum that may be of help to you - I presume that you are familiar with http://datsunclubuk.proboards.com/ and I think there might be a few UK experts around who can help (like Datman aka Will or Ratdat).
Beware that Australian etc 910's may be slightly different to UK spec cars so check before you spend a lot on bits.  I am near  Cheltenham UK, have a late W910 estate that gets used (regularly out at motor sport when I marshal), maybe the only left on the road in UK, it has the 4 link coil rear suspension that Australia never saw on a 910.  I found that rack bushes from Superpro - that came from Australia - don't fit my rack as my rack seems smaller diameter.
Keep up the good work
Ed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: