AussieBluebirds.com
October 19, 2017, 02:35:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Seen a bluebird in your area lately? Post about it in this thread

Quick Links: ABB Shoutbox.    Who's Online.    How to add photos. Smiley

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: L20B Vaccum Lines  (Read 301 times)
Frags123

« on: July 30, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »

Could somebody please attach some images of the vaccum lines on a stock L20B. Im having some issues with vaccum leaks and im not sure where the the lines must go. Only a matter of time before I chuck some webers on but need it running right in the mean time.
Slick
Administrator
910 HERO

iSLICK 2.0

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »

if you do not care for emissions (probably don't as you are looking to put a weber on it) block of the hoses. the only one you really need is distributor advance.; fuel breather if you don't like the smell of petrol in the cabin

My Bluebird comes with an anti-hooning device >>> my girlfriend

TRX... Its ADM as f**k!

This thing is going to be off chops , i was getting 270 hpo at the wheels and if i cant find another 100 with the new motor ill do a nuddy run
Frags123

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:57:06 PM »

I had the EGR hoses disconnected and the car wouldn't idle any lower then 1500rpm and would stall at every intersection. Ive now connected them back up and it seems to be better and doesn't stall anymore. Webers are my future plans but for roadworthy and rego conditions I have to have all the emissions crap hooked up. What webers would you recommend for an L20B with extractors and possibly a cam done? Not sure what the best option is with the carby sizes and different choke types.
Slick
Administrator
910 HERO

iSLICK 2.0

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:19:54 PM »

you will not get a car to pass emissions once you swap out the carb.

closest you will get is a dvg type weber. 32/38 I think. with an adaptor plate it is a bolt on (linkages and jetting the exception).

I would not bother with a cam unless you go twin dcoe 40mm or larger. by the time the cam breathes - the ports/head and carb become the bottleneck.

sr20de will yield better power and driveability than if you spent the same amount on an l series.

hate to say it but an sr20 de (or even a ca18 if you can find any) conversion is a good bang for buck, easily engineered (sometimes not required depending on state), emissions passable, if you really want you can throw in a det or turbo the de.

l series have their advantages, they last forever (cylinder 4 head gasket the only exception) and can be fixed with a piece of string and hammer on the side of the road. the wick can be turned up on them but you do it for the love not the lust.

My Bluebird comes with an anti-hooning device >>> my girlfriend

TRX... Its ADM as f**k!

This thing is going to be off chops , i was getting 270 hpo at the wheels and if i cant find another 100 with the new motor ill do a nuddy run
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: